If you are motivated by our mission, explore career opportunities at our businesses:
Our Work Has Real Purpose
Our work is meaningful and critical. We focus and share one common goal: Safeguarding Global Health® to keep millions of people across the world safe. We take pride in high quality and customer care. We are proud of the work we do to help people every day.
As experts in sterilization and lab testing services, we help ensure that our medical device and pharmaceutical customers meet stringent safety standards and fulfill the regulatory requirements for the global healthcare industry.
We’re driven, we’re responsive and we’re dedicated. We work together to build a positive workplace culture and strengthen our team.
Each of us contributes our diverse skills and perspectives to the success of our business. And as a team, we strive every day to deliver on our mission, Safeguarding Global Health®.
United by Our Mission: Safeguarding Global Health
United by Our Mission: Safeguarding Global Health
Driven by Our Values
At Sotera Health, our values of Safety, Customer Focus, People, Integrity and Excellence drive everything we do.
SafetyWe are uncompromising in our commitment to health and well-being.
Customer FocusWe are driven to fulfill our customers’ needs with the highest quality and care.
PeopleWe value our people who are part of a global team that is diverse, respectful, passionate and collaborative.
IntegrityWe are honest, reliable and accountable in everything we do.
ExcellenceWe exceed the expectations of our stakeholders and continue to improve and innovate in everything we do.
Advancing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The unique skills, talents, and perspectives of the Sotera Health team enable us to achieve our mission. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion on our workplaces. Our approach focuses on attracting and promoting diverse talent, building and sustaining an inclusive culture and measuring our progress to ensure we are meeting our goals.
Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Council consists of team members who represent all our businesses working directly with our CEO to guide initiatives that attract and develop diverse talent, build an even more inclusive culture, and measure our progress.
Recently, we launched unconscious bias training to help our team understand our own biases and identify ways to contribute to a more inclusive culture. It brought new perspectives to light and provided a foundation for our journey going forward.
- “My career at Nelson Labs has allowed me the opportunity to work with global organizations that impact patients around the world. I have been able to advise these groups through committees and training – knowing that their standards dictate the safety of medical devices.” — Alpa: Senior Scientist, Lab Management, Nelson Labs
- “Working with the customers to ensure our processes provide the best testing services and customer experience is something I really enjoy. I have been given many opportunities to learn from experts in my field, and implement those experiences to improve both of these areas in my roles at Nelson Labs.” — Quinton: Senior Lab Operations Manager, Nelson Labs
- “Every day I remind myself how fortunate I am to work at a company that allows me to perform at my best, take risks, and try new things for the greater good. I like my job and have been able to explore many different roles within Nelson Labs.” — Dania: Senior Scientist, Lab Management, Nelson Labs
- “I have the pleasure of working daily with clients and colleagues to make a difference in the medical device and pharmaceutical industries. I am able to use my materials chemistry background to influence products that go to market and positively impact patient safety.” — Matt: Chemistry and Materials Scientist, Nelson Labs
- “I have truly enjoyed working at Nelson Labs over these past 20 years. One of the favorite aspects of my job is the customer-focused approach we take in every situation to give our clients peace of mind knowing that they have someone in their corner. Also collaborating with regulatory bodies in ISO meetings and other laboratories around the world to improve testing has truly opened my eyes to how impactful this work can be.” — Audrey: Senior Scientist and Consultant
- “Working in Sterigenics is amazing and challenging: every day you have something to learn about our technologies, markets to explore, and products to study. I continue to learn and grow – both professionally and personally. The team I work with supports me. Most of all, I am very proud of Sterigenics’ role during the pandemic and the attention and care we reserve to our Customers' products.” — Barbara: Inside Sales Representative, Sterigenics
- “Sterigenics is a great place to work because I get to do my very best every day. It is a great feeling knowing that what we do is truly Safeguarding Global Health. Working here will challenge you and provide you the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.” — Earl: General Manager, Sterigenics
- “Working at Sterigenics great. No day is the same because the job is very dynamic and challenging. Even after several year, you learn something new every day. You are part of a strong professional team and you operate in a very extensive network in which you fulfill a variety of tasks. Our customers appreciate our customer focus and strong relationship - you are a rare expert in a market that offers valuable and critical value to make products safe.” — Laurens: Regional Account Manager, Sterigenics
- “When I started at Sterigenics almost 12 years ago, what appealed to me was the openness and the fact that everyone had opportunities to be considered for higher positions. To date, I can say that I was not mistaken and that my initial feeling was correct. Working at Sterigenics means I have the chance to grow professionally within a company open to a diversity of opinions and thoughts. I feel listened to and recognized as an individual, despite the size of the company. I am proud to participate in our mission of Safeguarding Global Health.” — Sally: Director of Regional Accounts – Europe, Sterigenics
- “I started working for the company 26 years ago as a summer job while in high school. Since that time I have held several positions and today have worked my way up to being a General Manger at a great facility with a great team. I have spent my whole working career here and could not imagine working anywhere else. The security and purpose that my job provides me keeps me coming back day after day.” — Leah: General Manager, Sterigenics
Investing in the Benefits and Well-being of Our Team Members
Our mission of Safeguarding Global Health® applies to our employees as well. Our Company is committed to providing employees and their families comprehensive and competitive benefits and pay that align with our values.
Sotera Health offers benefits to help you and your family achieve your physical, mental, and financial goals. Our benefit programs are designed to attract and retain high-performing employees and meet the changing needs of a diverse workforce.
Highlights of our benefit programs include:
Our purpose, our conduct and our values are at the heart of our commitment to corporate responsibility. This dedication applies to the safety of our employees, the communities where we live and work, and the customers and patients we protect.
Our Global Code of Conduct unites all of us in the principles we operate by every day. The choices we make, make a difference. Our principles improve our social community, protect our environment, and improve the safety of every employee dedicated to protecting global health.
We’re involved in the communities where we live and work by investing our time, talents, and spirit of our family culture. During the pandemic, we established the Sotera Health Community Response Fund and donated over $750,000 to support more than 50 non-profits in 61 communities where we do business.
SOTERA HEALTH COMMUNITY RESPONSE FUND> $750,000
Sotera Health is a learning organization, where development is continuously encouraged. We don’t just say our employees are our most important resource – we believe it! As one of our employees, you will have access to a variety of development opportunities to allow you to progress along your chosen career path.